At Lichfield Dental Care we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every experience and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is Lynsey Mason
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer to Lynsey Mason immediately. If Lynsey Mason is not available, then a suitable time will be arranged for this meeting. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If the patient does not wish to wait then arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with this matter.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Lynsey Mason
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days. If the patient does not wish to do this face to face, then we will attempt to discuss the matter over the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a date for when the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then advice may be sought from:
- NHS England – 03003112233
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) – www.nhs.uk to find your local PALS
- Dental Complains Service (private Treatment Only) – 08456120540.
- Care Quality Commission – 03000616161. www.cqc.org.uk
- General Dental Council – 0845222414 www.gdc-uk.org
- The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – 03450154033